WHAT CAN MY CAT(S) WIN?
At Championship status, your cat will be judged against other Ragdolls of a similar pattern and if in the judge’s opinion the cats are worthy of a Challenge Certificate (CC), this will be awarded + a rosette to the male and/or female cat judged to be the best exhibit in their respective classes. The judge may then choose between the two CC winners which cat merits the Best of Breed award.
In Miscellaneous and Club Classes where your Ragdoll will be judged alongside other Semi Longhair breeds, placings are normally given from 1st – 6th or from 1st – 4th and if your cat has been placed, an appropriate card will be put on the pen at some stage in the afternoon. There is usually a tear-off section on the card which you take to the Show Table to obtain your rosette athough most shows nowadays put the rosettes onto the pens throughout the afternoon to prevent exhibitors from having to collect them. Rosettes are usually only awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th placings.
- A carrying box – preferably not wicker and definitely not cardboard.
- A standard show kit is available by mail order or purchase
the necessary items at the show:
- a) Plain white blanket or vet bedding with plain edging, no
distinguishing marks or colours are allowed, neither is the cellular type.
- b) Plain white litter tray.
- c) White feeding bowl (must be removed before judging).
- d) White water dish (do not remove during the show).
- e) Cat litter + scoop and toilet/kitchen roll.
- f) Cage wipes or a suitable mild disinfectant for cleaning the inside of the pen – aerosols are forbidden.
- g) Grooming kit – brush and comb. You are not allowed powder in the show hall.
- h) Food and water for the day.